The Vision of Acho Dene Koe First Nation is to provide responsible, fair, responsive governance for the First Nation and its members. This vision includes the blending of our modern opportunities, economic development, while still maintaining use of our traditional knowledge and longstanding relationships with each other and our territory.
Acho Dene Koe First Nation is seeking proposals from qualified strategic planning consultants to facilitate engagement sessions and develop a comprehensive five-year strategic plan for the period 2019-2024. The successful consultant must have strategic planning experience and have a strong understanding of First Nations or Indigenous organizations. The consultant must be able to facilitate the planning process, actively engage community members, staff and leadership to help create a realistic and achievable strategic plan that is suitable to be shared with the public.
The completion of the strategic plan must meet the following requirements:
- Serve as a guiding document for developing administrative processes, governance structures and human capacity for the term of the strategic plan period in the following areas:
- improving ADKFN’s members standard of living and community well-being,
- creating strong self-governance,
- enhancing economic develop and the local economic,
- improving finance and administration;
- The Strategic Plan must provide a clear framework with practical recommendations for next steps, implementing the plan, monitoring and measuring outcomes;
- It must meet the requirements of Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada / Government of Canada (INAC)’s General Assessment Requirements for funding – where the Treasury Board Policy for the Government of Canada on Transfer Payments (2008) requires that all federal departments/agencies apply a more recipient specific, risk-based approach to managing transfer payments. It is part of federal initiatives to strengthen accountability and improve results for Canadians; and
- ADKFN has received funding from INAC to support these efforts through the Aboriginal Rights & Interest program – Functional Area Group: Consultation & Policy Development G3801. Therefore, the terms and conditions of the strategic plan must meet these funding requirements.
To submit a Request for Proposal to complete the Strategic Plan – STRATEGIC PLAN REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL – Final